And some other things I’ve done, from as close to a resume as I can get:
Writing and Research
- Roadtrip Americana (2017 and ongoing) - American microhistory project. Freelance investigative journalism and interview series.
- Nine Dots Prize participant (2016) - In-depth research and analysis project on “Are digital technologies making politics impossible?” Paper available by request.
- Future Sin (2017+) A futurist collective publication. Editor and contributing writer.
- Travels of Travis and Medium writer - philosophy, history, cultural/political/technology analysis.
2018 - 2017
Strategist and Consultant
- Kellerman.io - a tech consultancy, since 2013. Projects have included:
- Futurist and Strategist for Descartes Labs, a leading geospatial AI platform company
- Full-stack software, UI/UX to architecture and technical production
- Product management and growth, MVP to mid-stage business development
- Partnership and industry communication, content creation and strategy
- Coronado Ventures Forum - a strategic education org focused on investment and entrepreneurship network. Chair of the Board of Directors.
2016 - 2014
Startup Founder, Advisor, Interim Management - Bangkok/Hong Kong/USA
Uteeni - foundational data directory for SE Asia.
- Interim Operations Officer for multi-lingual team of 25.
- Developed “Harvester” data collection/verification software and outreach/training
- Led full technical production from UI/UX to backend functions, consumer and enterprise
Bandojo - Music creation software for education and disability therapy
- Initial CEO for team of Music and Mathematics PhDs, Apple alumni, education sales reps
- App Store management, education and disability org outreach and beta testing
ComboTrip - Group travel platform
- Coordinated team of 10 marketing staff and interns
- Advised from business plan competition win to Expedia partnership negotiations
2014 - 2010
- Operations: Support and Sales Team from 1 to 40+ employees. Product testing and development for niche industry applications.
- Business Development: Contracts with Kitchen Nightmares, Sysco, Verifone, Ingram Micro and Fortune 100 partnerships.
- Distribution: Reseller program creation, training, and structure, scaled to 82 countries a international/domestic distributor network of 250+ companies
- Strategy: Led agreement negotiations, drafting, and analysis
- Communications: Led internal team meetings, drafted press releases and marketing content, campaign strategy.
2010 - 2007
Policy Analysis, Lobbyist, Campaign and Non-Profit Director
- Albuquerque City Council, Martin Heinrich’s Policy Analyst
- 48th and 49th New Mexico Legislative Sessions - House Liaison to the New Mexico Senate
- Bernalilo County Commission District 1 - Campaign Manager
- William Parnall for District Court - Campaign Manager
- Tom Udall for Senate - Regional Director, Eastern New Mexico
- ABQ Westside Chamber of Commerce - Founding Director
2007 - 2003
Campaign Staffer and Organizer - New Mexico
- Martin Heinrich for Congress & Debbie O’Malley for City Council
- Operations and Supply Chain Manager – Serrano and Sons Construction Co
- Dennis Kucinich for President ’03-’04 Campaign
- Dan Serrano for State Representative Disrict 16
- ‘Yes on 1 & 2’ New Mexico Education Reform Campaign
Lastly, (and probably least) my “formal” Education
- Camp Wellstone Graduate - 2008
- MBA studies(partial) - Anderson School of Management 2006-073-2 Program, Operations and Marketing. 2006 Anderson Business Plan Competition.
- BA, Political Science - University of Sheffield & University of New MexicoStudy Abroad recipient. UNM Honors College graduate. Graduated Spring 2006.