International Expertise at Work for You
IT translators, consultants and project managers are always at your service.
From globalization consulting to introducing professional translation and terminology management within your organization, we offer a wealth of experience along with specialist expertise to help you achieve your global business objectives.
Consulting Services at a Glance
Translation life cycle
From company websites to online product presentations, from comprehensive e-commerce presences to webinars, from leaflets and flyers to handbooks and product catalogs, we assist our customers with professional specialist German to English translation services in nearly every area of technology. Our clients include automotive suppliers, hardware manufacturers, software developers, consulting firms, financial service providers, logistics specialists, consumer goods producers and SMEs from many other sectors. We can help you implement an optimized translation management system within your organization, too.
If you are a large organization with in-house translators, we can assist you with translations during high volume times such as preparing for trade fairs, new product launches, company transitions or during employee vacation periods and absences. We can also help businesses of any size streamline their translation management processes by providing consulting services along the entire value chain. Many small and medium businesses start out by having marketing collateral translated. Foreign language inquiries begin to increase and other departments realize they need translation services, too. To manage the process properly from the start, it is important to ensure that everyone in every department is informed of the list of accepted translators or to designate a single point of contact for all outsourced translation work. Whether you wish to manage the process in-house or would like us to act as your one-stop, full-service translation provider, we are always ready to flexibly adapt to your company’s needs.
Every business starts somewhere along the translation management system maturity scale illustrated below. Ask us how we can help you fully optimize the translation process for your company!
SDL Trados MultiTerm
Terminology Management Database for consistent use of industry-specific language and in-house terminology.
In corporate communications developing and maintaining consistent terminology throughout the organization is essential. Which term is the right one: intranet, portal, or employee website? How did we formulate the menu item "File/Projects/New Project/Open" in Software Version 2.0? For every concept or idea, there are countless terms and phrases that employees and partners could use. Only you can decide which terminology is right for your organization. And consistent terminology is the key to communicating your message to customers clearly and effectively. Here, even the smallest details can make a big difference. Punctuation, capitalization, spelling conventions (e.g., US or GB) all contribute to the overall image your customers have of your business and its products and services. If even the slightest inconsistency arises, someone is sure to notice.
When additional languages are added to the mix, the problem is compounded: Now you have a multitude of choices in a variety of different languages. There are myriad translations for different terms and this can lead to endless complexity. These are all issues that can exceed the budget and time constraints many small and medium sized businesses have to work with.
Cornillie Consulting has the solution: Professional terminology management. Tools such as SDL Trados MultiTerm, MultiTerm Extract, SDL PhraseFinder and ApSIC Xbench offer unified solutions for consolidating terminology across multiple sources including existing translations, terminology lists, glossaries, and dictionaries. This allows us to:
- Create bilingual glossaries and terminology databases by extracting information from your existing material
- Create terminology databases for you during the translation process and update them as we go along
- Use our own extensive library of terms including Microsoft, SAP, Business Intelligence, Content Management, Computer Hardware and Software, Business, Finance, Brand Management, Marketingand Advertising, Automotive, Industry, Logistics and much more to help keep language consistent even if you do not currently have an existing terminology guideline.
We are detail-oriented and our quality management system seamlessly integrates professional terminology management in our translation process. Ask us for a free consultation on terminology management solutions today!
We know how to manage complex projects. We understand the pressure tight deadlines can create. We have the necessary skills and tools to handle major projects while adhering to realistic budgets and deadlines. We have developed our own project management portal software based on Microsoft SharePoint technology, which allows us to offer reliable project management services, yet gives us the flexibility to react quickly to changes to the project schedule and adjust our efforts accordingly.
DIN EN ISO 17100:2016-05 Compliance
We offer translation services that conform to the DIN EN ISO 17100:2016-05
Standard (DIN CERTCO Reg. no.: 7U186). This standard ensures that language services providers offer the highest quality translation services with respect to personnel and technical resources, quality and project management, contract conditions and work processes.
Quality Management Cycle
Our services continuously undergo stringent quality management controls. Our quality management cycle has evolved through years of experience in translating, proofreading and consulting. The concept is simple: In order to be understood, you must first understand. This is why we begin every project by gathering the essential information. Who is the intended audience? What is their background? What are some of the key assumptions the author has made about the target audience? The next step involves researching the subject matter, the relevant companies and their competitors to get a feel for the language and use consistent, accurate terminology. This is also when we clarify any open issues or questions with our clients. Then we begin the translation, proofreading or consulting process. Afterwards, our translators proofread their own work and then forward it on to another in-house native speaker for a second proofreading and editing phase. Finally, we discuss and implement any required changes and deliver the finished product to the client, ready for publishing. If you have any questions about quality management at Cornillie Consulting or the EN 15038 standard, please contact us.
Important Issues to Consider
- Do you need services that conform to the EN 15038 standard or are standard translating and proofreading services adequate for your requirements?
- Have you gathered all of the information relevant to the project from one source?
- Do you have an in-house style guide or CI guideline? Do you follow an industry or academic style guide such as APA or MLA? If not, we can help you create an individual style guide that covers everything from naming conventions to spelling and formatting.
- Do you have an in-house terminology management system, glossaries, dictionaries or a knowledge database for your content?
- Are online resources such as company websites current and valid? Who are your competitors? What kind of language do they use to describe their products and services? Do you want your content to be similar to theirs or do you want to distinguish yourself from the crowd?
- Who is your intended audience? Where are they located? For example, are translations headed for the United States or Great Britain? Is the target group located in Germany, Austria or Switzerland?
- All of these issues affect the quality of the translations you receive and we are willing to take as much information into consideration as you can provide
Communication Skills Training
Business English, communication skills
For international business travelers.
We offer a range of communication skills seminars on. From Business English and German to selling and presentation skills, our seminars enable you to acquire new customers and expand relations with existing clients.
Target group: Outside and inside sales representatives as well as employees from other departments including Legal, Customer Support, etc. Our seminars are suited for all professionals, from novices to experts, who are in regular contact with customers.
Seminars can be held in German or English, in your company's offices or at an external location.
We have a network of partners who can provide you with professional interpreting services for court hearings, meetings, training courses, factory visits, trade fairs and more. Contact us for more information!