This advanced course is designed for cyclists who have some experience and want to increase their abilities and their knowledge of how to ride effectively through all forms of infrastructure. Formally known as the CB2 course, this is also the standard course for adult cyclists taking leadership roles within their communities. Police, teachers, tour leaders, recreational workers and others are all being taught this course to learn and practice safe and effective cycling.
It’s important to be safe on the road while cycling. See, Be Seen, Be Heard, Be Predicable Safe ride home!
Learn Advanced Cycling Skills
Know what the signs mean and stay safe!
Learn to ride safely on the road and venture past the sidewalk.
In addition to instructors who organize courses in their communities, a variety of regional and local organizations deliver CAN-BIKE courses. These organizations, recognized as CAN-BIKE Delivery Agents, are crucial to the growth of CAN-BIKE. They provide a vital administration role, as well as the capability of making CAN-BIKE available to specific user groups or professions.
Delivery Agents facilitate delivery of CAN-BIKE by bringing clients, instructors and venues together, providing the promotion and administration essential to making courses available to the public. Delivery agents are responsible for ensuring that instructor and participant records are forwarded to their provincial bodies.
In many communities, an instructor serves as a delivery agent, performing all the administrative duties required to promote and run a course and certify participants. Elsewhere, especially in larger centres, municipal departments may be delivery agents, advertising courses, registering participants and hiring instructors. Provincial and territorial cycling associations may also be delivery agents, making the CAN-BIKE program available to their members or the public, while providing an administrative framework for instructors in the province.
Our Company Mission
- To bring safe and defensive cycling skills and techniques to people of all ages and skill levels.
- To assist cyclists to improve their cycling skills and techniques
Our Company Vision
- Everyone should have access to safe and defensive cycling instruction.
- To bring safe and defensive cycling instruction and techniques to as many people as possible.
- To heighten the overall skill level of cyclists, thereby lowering the injury and death rates of cyclists
Our Company Values
- Cycling is a lifetime continuous learning skill
- Cycling skills and knowledge will assist to keep people safer while enjoying the environment
- Cycling is good for health and good for the environment
- Cycling skills and basic signals are a common language throughout the cycling world
- Cycling is a lifetime skill that can be enjoyed almost anywhere and almost anytime.
- Safe cycling begins with Bicycle Helmets and clothing that can be seen by those around the cyclist