Are you ready to change your narrative and rewrite your book? You hold the pen, so why not start creating the chapters that define who you are in your heart and are meant to be in this world?!
Let go of all the labels that others have placed upon you, let go of the second-guessing and the self-doubt talk you keep playing over in your head. Stand in confidence with your head held high, your history guides you towards a positive future, don't look back as you are stronger having faced some difficult challenges. You are wiser and can offer value to others because of the journey you have traveled. Remember to be open to the continued process of learning, loving yourself and others along the way.
We are all here for a purpose even if you haven't don't know what it is at this very moment, focus on what you're passionate about, what keeps up at night, and what is it you want to change or improve?
Ask yourself, "what is holding you back from leaping?" Is it fear of failure? I can tell you this; my failures prompted me to pick myself up and keep trying to reach whatever goal it was I had insight.
I never wanted to say to myself, "I should have, could have, would have, only if!" To me not trying was worse than failure. We are all responsible for our actions or inaction both professionally or personally. It indeed is up to us to make a decision.
What will you choose to do -- stay where you are because it's easy or will you start to rewrite your book?
It's time to spread your wings and share your unique gifts with the world.
You will be surprised to know that there are still some people in this world who ask the question: is time management that important? Well, the benefits are apparent. With the advancements in technology such as smartphones, increased use of social media platforms with easy access to various information outlets, one might find themselves accomplishing little throughout the day. Let me help you out to understand why time management is critical in today’s life.
1. You will learn how to prioritize your to-do list from most important to least critical. Time management enables you to focus on your work. As soon as you come up with a list of several things that you have to tackle, first look at which one among them you should complete first. Are there any time-sensitive tasks on your list? This way, you will be able to go ahead and work on them first.
2. You will be able to do more in less time. Another reason why effective time management is vital is that you can do more in the least amount of time. Once you plan your time and efforts, you will notice the quantity of work will improve dramatically. Time management gives a clear picture of the time you require. Undoubtedly, you’ll be aware of the time and will not be lazy.
3. You will be able to provide more quality. Planning your time is very important because you will be able to make a substantial investment in this limited resource. Understanding what to work on and when to work on it, would surely make you far more focused. This tight focus on your work helps to ensure that you obtain the best possible outcome to achieving your daily goals.
4. You will be able to keep everything in context. Perhaps you might have come across people worrying that there’s no sense of balance in their personal or professional lives. The main reason for that is they don’t understand how to manage time. So, the main reason why management of time is critical is that it can place things in proper context. When you see the entire list of the tasks you have to do, you’ll be compelled to make challenging decisions about which function to invest your time and efforts on first.
5. You will be able to force yourself to do various things that you don’t like. Why is time management essential? Well, once you jot down what you should do – the list stares at you and you will be forced to do something about it. So, even though you hate some things on the list, you will push yourself seeing the inevitability of the situation.
6. You will be able to keep yourself on track. Whether it’s a day-to-day work-list or even a long-term plan, effective time management helps to keep you on track. With all your aims stated and also the time allocated, the probability of you keeping yourself within your boundaries is undoubtedly higher.
7. You will be able to deliver what you promised. How can you deliver anything that you have pledged to if you don’t manage your resources and time? Have you ever let down your co-workers regarding the delivery of your project? That explains poor time management.
8. You will be able to discipline yourself. Effective time management is about managing YOURSELF. If you fail to manage your time and resources, you can’t achieve any of your goals. As we head into 2018, are you preparing yourself now to change some of your lackadaisical habits that plagued/sabotaged your plans? For anything to become habit, it must be repeated consistently; before you know it, that particular something becomes second nature, like riding a bike, or having muscle memory, etc.
I hope that some of these tips can lead you to take responsibility, get committed, and consistent whether it be personally or professionally to accomplish any task you know you should complete even if you necessarily don't enjoy doing them.
Thanks for stopping by,
Just came from a fantastic retreat with excellent leaders in Fort Lauderdale, FL. There were so many breakthroughs that people discovered about themselves that kept them from achieving their success goals. Many had fears that were placed upon them by others which doesn't define who GOD planned for them to be.
The men and women in the room let themselves be open and face the very circumstances that have held them back for so many years. We laughed, we cried, and someone was re-baptized.
We put so much pressure on ourselves chasing the approval of others while pursuing our dreams that we become stagnant, paralyzed, and sometimes even quitting based on someone else's critique of what they believe we should be doing. I say this, "STOP worrying about what others think and say about you!" Unfortunately, people tend to listen to those who aren't where they want to be. They don't pay your bills or deposit into your bank account. Bottom line, their opinion is a non-factor in your life.
The last thing, stop feeding off of someone else's plate as their nourishment wasn't meant for you; and please stop comparing yourself to where others are, as that is one of the most significant self-sabotage activities you could do to yourself. The above leads me to the below, and I hope it will resonate with you as it did me:
These are 10 empowering beliefs that can change your life when you can remember them daily.
1) The past does not equal the future
2) There is ALWAYS a way if I'm COMMITTED
3) There are NO failures only lessons
4) If I can I must, If I must I can!
5) Everything happens for a reason and a purpose that serves me
6) I find great joy in the LITTLE things
7) I give more of myself to others than ANYONE else expects
8) I create my OWN reality, and I AM RESPONSIBLE for what I create
9) If I'm confused, I'm about to learn something
10) Every day above ground is a great day!
Everyone should set a goal(s) to become successful. Do you have a dream sheet? Have you created a vision board? If so, have you listed those items that you genuinely want to achieve? If not, it's never too late to start one or two or three. What is my goal? What do I desire to accomplish by my efforts? Is it morally right and fair? Are my short-range goals consistent with my long-range goals? Can I commit myself emotionally to complete projects? Can I visualize myself reaching my goals?
If you answered yes to these questions, be sure to evaluate your goals on a regular basis. When one goal is complete, replace it immediately with another goal. During the process, specific emphasis on goals may change so be sure to review your entire list regularly and adjust it accordingly. To reach your goals, you MUST commit! Mark your calendars and follow your plan. When creating your vision board purchase some poster board or cork board and cut out pictures of places you want to visit or anything else that you want to achieve.
Visualizing your goals helps put them into perspective. Setting goals help you to know what you are trying to accomplish. They allow you to imagine and set your mind to push yourself into achieving those goals. Goal setting goals have more purpose and direction in life. If you know what you want from life then you know what you have to do to achieve it. What I've experienced in goal setting is I've become better organized and efficient, it builds confidence and self-worth allowing you to feel more fulfilled. It gets your blood pumping because you will be more enthusiastic about working hard and staying motivated! Set your goals today! You don't have to wait for 2018 to ring in before you get started; don't wait -- do it NOW! You'll be better for it and won't be scrambling January 2, 2018, wishing you had completed earlier.
Happy New Year and start 2018 with a bang!
You know there comes a time when you say to yourself “enough is enough”! Maybe you had a significant event to happen that changed your life’s outlook. Just take a moment to think back……..are there somewhat if’s that come to mind? If any of you are honest, you should be yelling out “YES”! Only if I have taken that promotion, started college earlier or even opened that beauty shop, I always wanted. Well enough of the what if’s; step out on faith and take a chance on your dreams! Do you even have a dream? The first step is to “WRITE IT DOWN”…when you see it, you believe it and then achieve it, post it on your bathroom mirror, on the dashboard of your car and even your refrigerator to remind you of your goal.
You have to “GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY” to make things happen; no one is going to hand your dream to you without some work being put into it. There is no one else to blame for our missed opportunities; fear and uncertainty is what compels us to do nothing. So my challenge to you, is to write down your dreams/goals, post them where they are visible, hunt the good stuff in everyday life and fill your mind with positive thoughts positive affirmations and lastly be resilient; nothing worth having is going to be an easy feat; if you’re knocked down, get back up and keep trying until you make it.
It starts TODAY with me that I’m “Getting Out of My Own Way” to be successful in every sense of the word and teach others to do the same.
"Keep Swinging" “My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling bad or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging.” -- Hank Aaron Scripture: “Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.” -- James 1:12 Reflection:
Babe Ruth hit seven hundred fourteen home runs in his major league career. Everyone who has the slightest interest in baseball knows that significant fact. However, not many know that he struck out one thousand three hundred thirty times. He is not remembered for the strikeouts, but for the home runs. The will, or determination, to keep swinging when we don’t “connect” is very often the difference between failure and success. Often when we miss the “mark” the first time, we may want to give up. But we can’t if we want to succeed. So, we must never stop swinging – whether the goal is great or small, near or distant, major or minor. The next “swing” may bring us the “home run” we have been seeking.
A home run will never come with the bat on our shoulder or our eyes in the sky. In James 1:12 it says, “blessed is the man who perseveres under trial because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.” Prayer: Our Heavenly Father, give us patience, perseverance, diligence, and determination to keep swinging every day of life we pray. Amen
If you are looking for a home-based business or any other way to make money working at home, then you have probably been overwhelmed with the information available online. You can't search for work at home opportunity on the internet without being bombarded by a million and one ads, all of which claim to be the next BEST work at home opportunity.So, how do you know which one is a good fit for you? Well, there are a lot of factors, but I've tried my best to highlight some of the items to consider before jumping into a new business venture. My first recommendation is to answer the following questions as honestly as you can:
1. How much time are you willing to invest?
2. Do you want to work 100% from home or would you be able to work outside the home a set number of hours per week?
3. How much money are you comfortable with spending to start a business?
4. How much money do you expect to make from your company?
5. Do you enjoy working with people (in person, over the phone, online)?
6. Do you enjoy sales?
7. Do you prefer to work alone or with a group of people?
8. Make sure you do your due diligence researching the CEOs/Presidents etc. to understand their backgrounds, and what innovations they are bringing to your interested market or what they are trying to improve.
9. Does their environment mirror your beliefs and values?
10. Is the product or service something you can be passionate about, something that you would pay for if it were sitting on the shelf of a big box chain, and can you be proud to attach your name to the company? Once you have the answers to these questions, you are better equipped to tackle the mounds of advertisements for work at home opportunities.
The next step is to see how well your needs/wants/likes fit into the businesses available to you. Before agreeing to any company, find someone who is already doing the business and ask them the following questions:
1. How much time do you work each week?
2. What are your daily income-producing activities? (This will give you a better idea of what type of work is involved and whether or not it's a right fit for you).
3. What is the cost required to start? Ongoing operational expenses?
4. Do I need employees?
5. What is the product or service you sell?
6. How much money can I REALISTICALLY expect to make working "X" number of hours per week? (X being the number of hours you are willing to work)
Now that you have your answers, go ahead and write down the top 3 business opportunities that appeal to you. Then think it over. Starting a new business should never be a spontaneous decision, especially if there is a large financial investment. Take some time at least a couple weeks and sincerely think about and compare each opportunity until you feel confident with the one you've chosen.
In closing, I do have a couple of warnings for you when searching for that golden opportunity:
1. If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.
2. You should NEVER…I repeat NEVER have to pay someone just to receive information about a job or business opportunity.
Most importantly, be well informed. Do not give ANYONE your hard-earned money until you have the answers to your questions and the confidence in making the right financial decision.
2018 is a great time to look at your work from home options. If you are in contact with someone who is in business for themselves that you trust knowing they will be upfront and straight to the point, ask them questions to get insight why they chose to take a chance.
As for me, I jumped with both feet because I wanted to live life on my terms, not having to ask permission to take care of family obligations or if I just wanted to take a mini-vacation. Operating a home business was the best decision I could have made because I can to do what I want when I want and you can too!
helping others live their best life...
Imagine five birds are sitting on a limb of a tree. Count them: one, two, three, four, and five. Three of the birds decide to fly off. How many birds are left sitting on the limb? You might be tempted to say two, figuring five minus three equals two (5-3 = 2). I beg to differ. I suggest all five birds are still sitting on the limb because the decision to fly off is very different than the action of flying off!
Making a decision and taking action is vastly different! Leaders take action even when they don’t know the best thing to do. We all know people who have made New Year’s resolutions or decisions to do something but have failed to take the actions necessary to make it a reality. Go ahead and use this story with those around you. They can tell you they made a decision, but if they haven’t taken the action, then they’re still sitting on the limb. Maybe someone in your business made the decision to communicate or delegate more, but if they aren’t taking the actions necessary to be successful, they are still sitting on the limb. Or maybe you have decided to lose weight or invest money, but are always thinking about what to do. ACTION is the key. Be an action fanatic today!
Many times the act of taking action clears the way for the proper action to take. When you first put yourself in motion, it may not be the best action, but it can create a better action, and another better action and another when before you didn’t know what to do.
Write down two actions that support a decision you have made recently but have been holding back on taking action. Tell them to a friend and commit to doing them this week.
TAKEAWAY! There is a big difference between making a decision and taking action. Be an action fanatic! Action Step #1 Make a list of five choices you have made, such as: to lose weight, exercise, make more money, have a better relationship, invest or save money, spend more time with the children, etc. Assign each decision a specific day. Don’t go to sleep each day until you have taken action on that decision.
Hope you can gain something from this article, and if you believe it will help someone else, please share.
~ helping others live their best life...
We have all been there when we start something new and want to share it with everyone on the planet. There was a time when we thought others we knew that trusted us wouldn’t mind if we shared information about a new project we were working on in the hopes that they too would be just as excited.
One makes plans to get every one of their friends and family involved in their new adventure. One says to themselves, “if I just get the information in front of them they will use my product or service because it’s me offering the shiny new object to them.” In the beginning, did you think the same thing when you started your MLM business? Lol, I believe we have all done that as if our personalities are so amazing we could hypnotize them to joining us. That is not the process.
I’m sure you have come to realize that friends and family will not help you become that millionaire; they will support with helping you get started, but that’s about it.
Now, that you’ve been in business for a while I’m sure you have started to recognize some of the tactics newbies are using to get their products/services in front of the warm/cold market. In the last couple of years on social media (Facebook) I’ve noticed that random people will send friend requests. In this case, if I don’t know the person I will scan their profile to see if we have mutual friends, the content that is present on their page before I accept. Content (what you're posting) more than anything is essential to me because I want to ensure that I am connecting with someone who is positive, who provides value to others, that will inspire and pour into someone else's life.
I have realized though, that some not all, will request friendship for the sole purpose to add you to their group or a friend’s group before you even have an opportunity to get to know them. I was added to hundreds of groups that I didn’t request membership to, tagged in posts to my wall with products I don’t represent (this happened with those I share mutual connections with). So, I’ve decided to provide a few tips if you want to add a new contact to your groups.
If you follow these few tips, you will have a positive outcome giving the other person the opportunity to decide whether joining your group would be a good fit for them. Sometimes one can sabotage themselves by blindly adding people to their groups. If you happen to add another person in business for themselves, don’t be surprised if they promote their product/service in your group because you added them without permission. You never know, if you approached the other person professionally, they likely would have checked it out.
Go back and re-evaluate your strategies; is your group growing or are people leaving due to blindly being added? Me personally, if you add me to a group without my permission, I click to leave the group button and check the box to ensure no one can add me back to that specific group. Some of the groups were products I was interested in but not interested in doing business with the person who added me after 3 minutes of me accepting their friend request.
Building rapport with a new connection is always essential even if one doesn’t purchase from you, but could, in turn, be an excellent contact for referrals and vice versa. Remember, people will buy from you because of the trust and relationships you have built with them.